Rivulet
If you cannot be the ocean, yet,
If you cannot be the sea,
If you cannot be a great lake
Or are far away from me,
Then my son, I hope
You move and move
And move.
Even a rivulet can
Reach the corners
Of the Earth.
A rivulet can
Rise up or down,
Or sideways even,
And become a lovely river.
Be a rivulet at least
When you cannot yet be
What you are meant to be.
Try to flow
And at times settle.
Sometimes you’ll be disrupted by
Some weather.
I will look for you
In the storms,
But know that
You are meant for
So much more and more,
And more.
Be a rivulet for now;
In time you will grow
And grow somehow.
But if for some reason
You evaporate,
Remember who you are,
And were, and should be,
Even if transformed.
Always move and move,
And move,
Always grow and grow,
And grow.
Expand like a gas
And cover the Earth.
You are big even if small.
You are near even if far.
You are God’s even if mine.
The Earth rejoices because
You are here.
Being your mother is
My greatest feat.
I love you, my rivulet,
My Daniel, my light,
You made me an ocean
More than just once.
I love you, my rivulet,
My Daniel, my light;
You made me an ocean;
Thank you forever, my dear.
If you cannot be the sea,
If you cannot be a great lake
Or are far away from me,
Then my son, I hope
You move and move
And move.
Even a rivulet can
Reach the corners
Of the Earth.
A rivulet can
Rise up or down,
Or sideways even,
And become a lovely river.
Be a rivulet at least
When you cannot yet be
What you are meant to be.
Try to flow
And at times settle.
Sometimes you’ll be disrupted by
Some weather.
I will look for you
In the storms,
But know that
You are meant for
So much more and more,
And more.
Be a rivulet for now;
In time you will grow
And grow somehow.
But if for some reason
You evaporate,
Remember who you are,
And were, and should be,
Even if transformed.
Always move and move,
And move,
Always grow and grow,
And grow.
Expand like a gas
And cover the Earth.
You are big even if small.
You are near even if far.
You are God’s even if mine.
The Earth rejoices because
You are here.
Being your mother is
My greatest feat.
I love you, my rivulet,
My Daniel, my light,
You made me an ocean
More than just once.
I love you, my rivulet,
My Daniel, my light;
You made me an ocean;
Thank you forever, my dear.
No comments:
Post a Comment