Panglossian Year

“All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.”
~Voltaire
 
Panglossian Year
 
As every year closes
I find myself
Returning to the phrase
“All is for the best.”
Every year is Panglossian
In my book.
Leibniz was not wrong.
This doesn’t mean he was right.
He was somewhere in the muddy
Waters of the journey toward…
Because everything that happens,
Happens,
And everything that doesn’t happen,
Doesn’t happen,
We must hope, again.
I have always said,
We are made of agains.
2026 is going to be a big again
For me.
I feel it.
There will be political events
And technological advances
And suffering
And joy.
I will adapt.
The best of all possible worlds,
Is yet to come.
Why else do we keep on living?
This is why Leibniz was not right.
God is not finished.
Perfection is not immediate;
It takes time, years of unknown
Count.
God didn’t make the world and stop.
God started the world.
There’s a difference.
He is not finished with the world.
The best of all possible worlds
Will come, Leibniz.
All is for the best, now, so the best of all
Possible worlds
Comes.
As every year closes,
Another one
Comes.
In 2026, another Leibniz
And Voltaire will come,
And we should hope,
Again,
And adapt,
Again,
For the best
Is always,
Yet,
To come.
Here’s to many
Panglossian Years,
Ahead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment