Kardashev Scale
Time’s despotic tick,
Energy’s unpronounceable transfers,
Civilizational neologisms,
And many shades of distinctions.
The orthography of the Universe
Is not in question.
No types,
No typology,
No typations;
There is nothing
To measure.
No scale can measure,
No measure can scale,
Us,
In our us way,
Being us as we were meant to be,
Us as a parody of yesterdays.
I didn’t know about Kardashev,
Until 2022.
If only I would have known
About him before.
When I meet him,
I will ask him for a signal
As to whether he would
Change any of his proposals,
Any of his work’s contentions.
He will offer a thumbs up,
And I will have verified
That on the scale of regrets,
We are all of the same
Typeface.
On the scale of what ifs,
Us is us,
And not we.
Yes, on the scale of tomorrow,
Our names will be traced
Over,
Again.
Energy’s unpronounceable transfers,
Civilizational neologisms,
And many shades of distinctions.
The orthography of the Universe
Is not in question.
No types,
No typology,
No typations;
There is nothing
To measure.
No scale can measure,
No measure can scale,
Us,
In our us way,
Being us as we were meant to be,
Us as a parody of yesterdays.
I didn’t know about Kardashev,
Until 2022.
If only I would have known
About him before.
When I meet him,
I will ask him for a signal
As to whether he would
Change any of his proposals,
Any of his work’s contentions.
He will offer a thumbs up,
And I will have verified
That on the scale of regrets,
We are all of the same
Typeface.
On the scale of what ifs,
Us is us,
And not we.
Yes, on the scale of tomorrow,
Our names will be traced
Over,
Again.
No comments:
Post a Comment