“What
would men be without women? Scarce, sir...mighty scarce.”
~Mark Twain
Woman
What is a Woman?
These days,
You're best off asking
The cells.
A woman is not a choice.
A woman is a destiny.
It is a chance to be
What you're meant to be.
When you fight your DNA,
When you fight your body,
When every cell of you
Is attacked,
Then it's a kind of suicide.
A woman is life.
Don't take that away
From yourself
Or others.
I am a woman.
My cells are full of
Xs in excess,
But I'm not XS,
If you know what I mean.
I am a woman,
Not just these days,
But since I was conceived.
I am a woman,
Not just these days,
But until the very end
Will Be.
~Mark Twain
These days,
You're best off asking
The cells.
A woman is not a choice.
A woman is a destiny.
It is a chance to be
What you're meant to be.
When you fight your DNA,
When you fight your body,
When every cell of you
Is attacked,
Then it's a kind of suicide.
A woman is life.
Don't take that away
From yourself
Or others.
I am a woman.
My cells are full of
Xs in excess,
But I'm not XS,
If you know what I mean.
I am a woman,
Not just these days,
But since I was conceived.
I am a woman,
Not just these days,
But until the very end
Will Be.
No comments:
Post a Comment