“I criticize by
creation, not by finding fault.”
~Cicero
The Critic
~Cicero
There are so many
problems
With the way you love me.
Is the solution to love you more?
I cannot create you.
You can only create yourself.
How can I criticize you, if not,
By pointing out your faults,
Those that you do not see,
Even those that you know,
But choose to ignore,
But forget?
Your faults are creations.
I cannot create you,
But I can fault you
For what you are creating of me.
The solution isn’t to love you more.
Perhaps, the solution is to love myself more.
I can create myself.
My fault is that I want to create you.
Your fault is that you’ve stopped creating
Yourself.
There are so many problems
About the way you love me.
But you love me.
I know.
Perhaps, your love is not a fault;
It is certainly not your fault or mine;
Perhaps your love is your critique
Of me.
You cannot create me.
I can only create myself.
Have I been too worried about creating you,
That I have forgotten to create myself?
Our fault is that we see the problems of
The way we love each other,
Not the solution that we love each other.
Let’s create another human.
That is never a fault.
Let’s create our best critic.
With the way you love me.
Is the solution to love you more?
I cannot create you.
You can only create yourself.
How can I criticize you, if not,
By pointing out your faults,
Those that you do not see,
Even those that you know,
But choose to ignore,
But forget?
Your faults are creations.
I cannot create you,
But I can fault you
For what you are creating of me.
The solution isn’t to love you more.
Perhaps, the solution is to love myself more.
I can create myself.
My fault is that I want to create you.
Your fault is that you’ve stopped creating
Yourself.
There are so many problems
About the way you love me.
But you love me.
I know.
Perhaps, your love is not a fault;
It is certainly not your fault or mine;
Perhaps your love is your critique
Of me.
You cannot create me.
I can only create myself.
Have I been too worried about creating you,
That I have forgotten to create myself?
Our fault is that we see the problems of
The way we love each other,
Not the solution that we love each other.
Let’s create another human.
That is never a fault.
Let’s create our best critic.
No comments:
Post a Comment