Tiger

“Time is the substance I am made of. Time is a river which sweeps me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger which destroys me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire which consumes me, but I am the fire.”
~Jorge Luis Borges
 
 
Tiger

Time.
In the beginning there was Time.
God created Time, the measure
Even those who do not believe in Him
Must believe in.
God created Time, even before
He created Light,
The Word, Sound, or Space.
Light is made of Time.
Words are made of Time.
Sound is made of Time.
Space is made of Time
I am also Time,
Time within time,
My seconds, like the stripes,
Of a Tiger,
Seconds tallied and archived,
in the Time fabric
Of the Universe.
God knows my Time
Like he knows me.
When is why
And why is when.
This is why,
When matters and does not matter.
I will know why
When
And I will know when
Why,
On I meet Him.
I am a Time,
Of whys and whens,
A Sub-Stance
Of Time.
But I am Time
More than a Time,
Like a Tiger is
More than its stripes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment