From Ashes
Drops of water
On this island of myself
Where I’ve planted roots
Within,
Are not enough to hydrate
The flames flowing from
The land I wear.
My skin is art in ages,
And the creases fold
Inward then outward,
Like scars who don’t know
How they want to be remembered.
I am done burning for today.
Tomorrow I will rise again like
The phoenix,
Only to say hello
To my stranger.
The goodbyes in me are
Forever.
On this island of myself
Where I’ve planted roots
Within,
Are not enough to hydrate
The flames flowing from
The land I wear.
My skin is art in ages,
And the creases fold
Inward then outward,
Like scars who don’t know
How they want to be remembered.
I am done burning for today.
Tomorrow I will rise again like
The phoenix,
Only to say hello
To my stranger.
The goodbyes in me are
Forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment