You are not You

 

“I am not I.
              I am this one
walking beside me whom I do not see,
whom at times I manage to visit,
and whom at other times I forget;
the one who remains silent while I talk,
the one who forgives, sweet, when I hate,
the one who takes a walk when I am indoors,
the one who will remain standing when I die.”

~Juan Ramón Jiménez

 

You are not You

 

You are not you
            You are this too
You are me and the other
Who you visit, who you bother
And who you are yet to know
The one who listens, the one who talks
The one who believes, even when it’s fate
The one who lingers, the one who wonders
The one who is the best you made of others
You are not you
You are always becoming

No comments:

Post a Comment