Political Positioning

Political Positioning

It has been three years exactly since the publication of my second book, 2Speak OR ToϕSpeak, which can be found on Amazon, for anyone who’s interested.

I must confess that when I was studying at Columbia University, I flirted with the ideas of Communism as I read Marx in my Contemporary Civilizations course. I fought in the Revolutions and glorified the idea of equality.

But, as time has passed, I have become less and less enamoured with those ideas. I have come to realize that Communist ideology is a tool that enslaves and shackles the mind.

I love inequality. I wrote a book full of inequalities.

I don’t want you to be like me.

I want you to be different.

I want to be different.

We are different.

Work is an inevitable part of living together (we aren’t self-sufficient), as is having to deal with money. I don’t want money to disappear. I want money to stay. I want to have money, make money, and spend money.

I don’t want work to disappear. I want to have a job, I want to make things happen, and spend my time working in order to grow the output of society.

I dare say, progress is about learning to be different, about willfully being different, and about embracing and loving all that makes each of us so different, even if we are at times the same. 

Progressive is a pretty word that has been misused.

I have become a Progressive Anti-Communist.

I hope I stay this way, at least today.

No comments:

Post a Comment