I feel the War, Mr. President, the Danger of Cuba!

 

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, D.C. 20500

 

 

July 14th, 2021

 

I feel the War, Mr. President, the Danger of Cuba!

 

Dearest President Joseph R. Biden,

 

            I am writing you this letter with another tone altogether and less hopeful that change will come to Cuba without American military intervention.  It is clear from the manifestations of the Cuban people over the past three days that they want Freedom and International Humanitarian Aid due to the pervasive Human Rights abuses and complete disregard for human life that the current Cuban Dictator (not worthy of being named) has shown by formally inciting a civil war within the island.

 

            I repeat, although I was born in Cuba, I left at an early age and cannot speak for those who have remained and endured the misery of the government’s unbending rule on the island.  Nevertheless, as an outsider who longs to one day return to a better-built Cuba, I feel the urgency to write to you because I know that you “Build Back Better.”  The Cuban people have been at War against each other for a long time.  However, nothing lasts forever.  You, Mr. President, can bring peace and usher in a golden era for the Cuban people.

 

            I feel the urgency of the war we are living and I urge you Mr. President to take military action.  Cuba is strategically close to Miami in a way that could be dangerous beyond any of our imaginations given the current weapons that Cuba may store.  Information in Cuba is always Top Secret and Dictators are unpredictable leaders who when desperate enough can be pushed to terminal decisions. 

 

Thank you for your time,


Ylena Zamora-Vargas

No comments:

Post a Comment