My Creed

Dear Friends,

This is a poem based on the Apostle’s creed that is recited in Catholic masses as confirmation of faith. It is absurd to me that the word love is absent from the original creed. This is why I chose to write mine in its honor. I hope you enjoy my lines,

Kisses and take good care,

Ylena.

My Creed: 12 Tenets for the 12 Months of the year (not the 12 Apostles)

1. I believe in the heart, organ almighty, creator of affect and life.

2. I believe in love its only fruit, our reason for being.

3. It is conceived by the power of desire and born of, at times, unreasonable curiosity.

4. It suffers under the erosion of routine, is crucified, dies, and is buried.

5. It descends the owner to the fires of Hell yet at times rises him/her to the pleasures of heaven.

6. It ascends our minds and lays at our right hand side,

7. It comes again and again, birthing rejoices or regrets.

8. I believe in the soul, in the hearthrobs that revive it,

9. in the union of men,

10. in the forgiveness of betrayals,

11. in the resurrection of good loves and lovers

12. and in love everlasting.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment